- PS/IS 89
- 201 Warren Street
- (212) 571-5659
Principal: Veronica Najjar
The mission of PS 89 is to provide a vibrant and nurturing school community dedicated to the development of independent thinkers and lifelong learners, and a rigorous curricula that promotes critical thinking skills. PS 89 emphasizes the development of independent thinking, learning, research, and presentation skills, through its comprehensive, interdisciplinary social studies programs. PS 89 is committed to ensuring that the needs of all its students are met. We embrace an inclusive approach; children with special needs learn alongside children comprising the general education population in fully integrated classrooms, with each child receiving the differentiated support and modifications that are required.
- Developing a rigorous curricula that promotes critical thinking skills
- Inquiry-based learning
- Differentiated instruction that provides access to all students
- Professional collaboration to reflect on and improve pedagogy
- Ongoing assessment of student understanding that drives daily instruction
- Partnering with parents to engage in and support their children’s education.